Author Topic: Member of Forum passed away and a Emergency Kit question  (Read 7701 times)

maroman

• View Profile
Re: Member of Forum passed away and a Emergency Kit question
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 10:28:19 PM »
I only have seen pictures of the emergency kit. There was also a fire extinguisher available, think it was chromed.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
Tina, Sorry to hear about Rons passing. Ware Mass is one town away form me. It's a small town. I know nothing about that dealership as it may have been gone for a long while (I was born in 1970). I will ask some older guys when I get to some shows to see if anybody knows anything about it.

Scott

I did manage to find an add that Medallion took out in the Hardwick High School yearbook online.....

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
Truly sorry to hear about your loss.
It is great that you are keeping it in the family and showing it in AACA.
There are a handful of AACA members here in the forum. If you have questions,  ask away.
As for the GM Emergency Kit,  the normal rule of thumb in AACA is to not display an unattached accessory unless it is in original condition as you will get a one point deduction for condition. But since you already have your Senior, a one point deduction is no big deal. Never seen one on a Camaro,  but the two I have see were right next to the spare.
BTW, those kits bring a small fortune on EBay!

Thank you for the advice!!! The kit has all the original parts with it and is in the original GM box. The box is a bit brown from age, would they take points off for that?

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »
Truly sorry to hear about your loss.
It is great that you are keeping it in the family and showing it in AACA.
There are a handful of AACA members here in the forum. If you have questions,  ask away.
As for the GM Emergency Kit,  the normal rule of thumb in AACA is to not display an unattached accessory unless it is in original condition as you will get a one point deduction for condition. But since you already have your Senior, a one point deduction is no big deal. Never seen one on a Camaro,  but the two I have see were right next to the spare.
BTW, those kits bring a small fortune on EBay!

Thank you for the advice!!! The kit has all the original parts with it and is in the original GM box. The box is a bit brown from age, would they take points off for that?
Possibly, it would just depend on that judge. Again, it is just one point, and you could get 50 taken off and still get a preservation.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 01:01:08 AM »
Tina, I was at AACA HQ today and Rick was telling me about these two cars. We are waiting to see them at Hershey. The race car class would be good for the White one. You get to show off on Friday in the stadium too by taking a few laps while they describe the car and it's history. I live VERY close to Hershey show. If you have any questions contact me off the forum.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 12:51:23 AM »
Tina, I was at AACA HQ today and Rick was telling me about these two cars. We are waiting to see them at Hershey. The race car class would be good for the White one. You get to show off on Friday in the stadium too by taking a few laps while they describe the car and it's history. I live VERY close to Hershey show. If you have any questions contact me off the forum.

Thank you!! We won't be able to make it this October, but we will be there next October with the red one. Still working on Estate stuff so our hands are a bit full, but we will be there next year!!! This is the car right after it was finished.

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 03:35:30 AM »
 Beautiful Z
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 11:37:33 PM »
Tina, sorry for the family loss of what must have been a great uncle! And he must have thought a lot of you to bestow his great cars to you and family.
And to you Tina, Welcome Aboard!
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584