Author Topic: Seat belt buckle dates?  (Read 2635 times)

67CruiseMaster

• View Profile
Seat belt buckle dates?
« on: June 18, 2018, 12:10:49 AM »
Hopefully I am not being to anal here. But I noticed while restoring my seat belts for my 01B built 67 convertible that the buckles have numbers on them (7013 and 7063). All of the numbers seem to be within about 20 numbers of each. Belt webbing have tag dates of 49C66 and 52E66.  I know there was seat belt research done on these. But I never noticed the numbers before. One set of the numbers is on the underside of the buckle cover which you can't readily see. The other is on the back. The male portions of the buckles have H10 on all of them. Maybe Kurt will chime in here since he and I talked about these before and gave him the pictures of my 09C build car.
67 SS/RS with original Cruise Control
67 Tuxedo Black Convertible.

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: Seat belt buckle dates?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:17:20 AM »
This reminded me of Lloyd's thread on the Hamill Deluxe belts: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=13901
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

67CruiseMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19:14 AM »
Thanks for the reference. My questions still are valid though
 No information on those stamping. I dont know the relevance of those.

Scot
67 SS/RS with original Cruise Control
67 Tuxedo Black Convertible.

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »
I think they are similar to stampings on sheet metal.  2 digits might be week or a line number.  Could be a run number too. If they are similar numbers, then they should be all in the same dates of manufacture.

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »
From my research including discussions with 2 seat belt restorers, only the webbing had a date code label, stamps that appeared on buckles (including D rings and Anchors) were production lot or run numbers and don't decode using any date scheme. It is possible the manufacturers kept records of the date ranges for each buckle/ D ring / anchor run however that information has not been published to my knowledge.