Author Topic: 69 Holley kickdown switch bracket installation.  (Read 1562 times)

SS396

• View Profile
69 Holley kickdown switch bracket installation.
« on: May 27, 2018, 03:22:47 AM »
I purchased the correct bracket to mount the kickdown switch to a Holley. Is it supposed to fit between the carburettor base plate and fuel bowl / metering block as mine doesn't? My Holley is one of the reproduction non-dated items. Did the original Holley's have a different base plate design to allow it to fit in there? Could someone please post a photo of it mounted correctly from the factory or advice on what the problem is.

Everett#2390

• ^Bess
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Holley kickdown switch bracket installation.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »
From '69 AIM
A flashlight is a case for dead batteries.

SS396

• View Profile
Re: 69 Holley kickdown switch bracket installation.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »
I've studied the picture in my 69 AIM. Remember we're talking about a Holley here, not a Quadrajet as it looks like in the AIM. The inner hole has to fit over the carburettor mount stud (L78 & L89) As I said, for that to happen the corner of the bracket and outer hole has to go between the base and metering block / fuel bowl of the Holley. The bracket is too thick to slide in there. I've seen photos where some people have cut the outer hole of the bracket off to make it fit. I'm sure they didn't do this back when GM fitted them.

anything