Author Topic: Tire Pressure Stickers  (Read 6922 times)

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
Tire Pressure Stickers
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:30:26 AM »
The 67's and 68's had the tire air pressure stickers on the inside of the glove box door and the 69's were on the door. I found a sticker on the inside of the glove box door (in the circle on the driver's side) on my 11C 69.  The part # is 3934882.  There is an an "AG" inside the bowtie and the tires are E70-15.  The car was repainted when I got it so there were no stckers on the door.  This sticker inside the glove box is yellowed and wrinkled and sure looks old enough to be original.  Was the location of these stickers changed with the model year or the calender year or somewhere in between?  Still trying to figure out  what's in my garage.
Steve

69 Z/28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Tire Pressure Stickers
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:19:07 PM »
3934882 is a 68 Z sticker.
Is your car a doumented Z? Does it have the original wheels?  What are they?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »
Unfortunately, the answers are no and no. It came with AZ wheels.  All I have to go on is the usual circumstantial evidence that says it could have been a Z.  Suspension, steering, brakes, transmission, fuel line, exhaust bracket, LG 7 crayon on bulkhead, (and this air pressure sticker).  Without  papers or any original drive train, I know proof is impossible.  I'm just trying to put together all the puzzle pieces that I have.

One interesting story with this car came about recently. I originally purchased it 2 years ago from eastern NY in Hammondsport.  Several months ago, I made a trip to East Aurora, near Buffalo, to pick up a date correct 302. The guy selling the motor was the owner of a Camaro parts and restoration business. I started to tell him a little about my car when he interrupted me and proceded to start telling me about my own car. It turns out this car has spent at least 30 years of it's life in the East Aurora/ Buffalo area, many of which it terrorized the local drag strips and police departments. He was able to give me the names of previous owners including the guy I bought it from. According to what he said, I would only be the 4th owner. He remembers the car back to the early 70's and had once-upon-a-time looked at it to buy it. He said even though not much may be left of the original car that it is absolutely a real Z/28. I was also informed the original cracked block is sitting somewhere in a garage in the upstate NY area. Attempts to contact the 2nd owner have been unsuccessful but I'm still trying. I know none of this really means anything but I thought it was a neat "it's a small world" story.
Steve

69 Z/28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:24:40 PM »
Well, I thought for a minute there you might have that yet to be documented early 69Z with 68 wheels that folks like Jerry are still looking for.
That car, if ever found, would probably be a month earlier.
I do know that August-made Zs had those door stickers.  Looks like somebody put the wrong sticker in you car.
Yes, that's a great story, and it puts you close to documenting it through all its owners!  Fantastic!
Good luck on your research.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 03:35:09 AM by lakeholme »

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:35:01 AM »
Yes, it would be nice to have one of those "special" cars --- but I don't.  I'm happy just to have a nice first gen Camaro --- whatever it is.   I'm not interested in re-creating anything.  I just want to restore the car to what it originally was.  I"ll use the clues I have and any new information from researching to do the best job I can. Thanks a lot for the input.
Steve

69 Z/28

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:39:05 AM »
I'm assuming "AZ" is a typo and you meant "AD" wheels.
Learning more and more about less and less...

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 03:44:08 AM »
Once again, William is right.  The good news is AD would be the right wheels for your car.  Then take that 68 sticker out and put a 69 on the door.

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »
William is right.  The correct wheels for the car are AD.  However and unfortunately, AZ is not a typo. It came with 15 X 8 AZ coded 69 Vette wheels. 6 trips to Carlisle and still no AD wheels. I talked to a vendor there who deals exclusively in rally wheels and he said he has only seen 2 AD wheels iin 20 years. Scarcer than hen's teeth. ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:20:52 PM by baldeaglemtnman »
Steve

69 Z/28

anything