Author Topic: Borgeson Street & Performance Series Quick Ratio Box  (Read 3155 times)

Dusk_Blue_Z

• View Profile
Borgeson Street & Performance Series Quick Ratio Box
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
Borgeson released a new PS box for our first gens in April 2018. Its a 12.7:1 ratio box that is a direct, bolt in replacement for the Saginaw boxes.

I had contemplated doing the IROC swap, as many have done. But it seemed like a lot of work chasing down small parts and getting the correct box. Instead, I took a chance on the new Borgeson box. It has made the Z much more enjoyable to drive. The feel is firm, the car doesn't wander as it did with the old PS unit. I feel more confident taking cloverleafs at speed.

It was an easy installation (did it when I had the engine out). Total cost was $600. $500 for the box and then $100 for the new rag joint. I reused the old PS Pump and lines, just had to flush it.

I have headers and this box clears them, as did the old Saginaw unit.

I've got about 200 miles on the new box. This is a must have if you drive your cars regularly. Thanks Borgeson!

http://www.borgeson.com/xcart/product.php?productid=1792&page=1
1969 X77 01B 51 51 flat hood

Tx-Z 302

• View Profile
Re: Borgeson Street & Performance Series Quick Ratio Box
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 02:48:10 AM »
Seems nice. I can't use it though.....I clicked on the link and looked at the box. It says WARNING !  Cancer and reproductive issues???????
Chris W

anything