Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

69 SB Fuel Line Routing

(1/3) > >>

bheston:
I couldn't find much detail on the fuel line routing for my 350/300 SB.  My routing does not seem correct but "kinda" matches the AIM.  Most 350's I see have a primary line running from the carb toward the center of the motor to a fuel filter.  That line passed behind the water pump down to the fuel pump.  I attached a couple pics.  I can't tell where the smaller fuel line goes and it's purpose.  I have generic fuel filter installed (former owner) and it seems to be starving for fuel.  I just want to eliminate that as a problem.  Here is my confusion:

- Where does the smaller line on the fuel filter go?
- Did all 350's have the fuel filter and fuel line running behind the water pump?
- Is the AIM diagram a different version but still correct?

william:
'69 Camaros built with Quadrajet carbs used a large in-line AC fuel filter. It also served as a de facto fuel reservoir and required the smaller fuel return line to the fuel tank. You must also have correct sending unit for the tank.

This is covered in the AIM, section L48 page A3.

ko-lek-tor:
That return was required because engineers determined/ discovered that it took very little fuel pressure to overcome the needle / seat of a q-jet causing overflow of fuel out of the vent. As long as the carb has not been over tightened and has had necessary bottom well plugs epoxied, these are very good carbs.
Yes, both lines go behind H2O pump. Yours look correct.

bheston:
The pic in the original post wasn't of my car but an example I thought was correct.  It looks like someone replaced the original fuel pump with a 3-legged rascal  :o.  I would like to convert it back to as original as possible.  Here is what the fuel pump look like and the three lines from my actual car.  Is this more effort than what it's worth?

ko-lek-tor:
OP send me a PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page