Author Topic: History Of Z11 1969 RS SS BB - Canadian Dealer Park Ave Chev Olds, St Leonard,PQ  (Read 4905 times)

marriest

• 1969 Camaro Pace Car, 396 cu / 325 hp, #matching
    • View Profile
Looking for any info on Z11 Pace Car, I have the GM of Canada Limited build sheet and am looking for any info after it was delivered to dealer. Car is 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS / SS 396 Indy Sport Convertible.
VIN # 124679N641885 - I purchased the car 2 years ago from Landis Motorsports LLC in Manheim, PA. while it was in Florida. Old Title shows Walnut Grove Auto in Mt Joy, PA. I have contacted them twice but never received any additional info. I am guessing car was in someones collection as it is in great shape with all matching component numbers and a pretty good repaint.
I am looking for advise on how to track down any additional information, I have also checked with the Canadian dealer but they had no info either.
Terry
Terry

stovebolt

• 1968 L6 Sport Coupe
    • View Profile
Terry, if you haven't done so already, send the linked form below to the SAAQ, Quebec's DMV. They will provide you with a Vehicle History Report that shows, besides basic vehicle data, the number of times and dates that the vehicle was registered in Quebec. Because of privacy laws, it no longer shows individual owner's names, however it will show commercial owner's names. It costs $12.25 Canadian dollars and has a three week turnaround time. You can fill out the form on-screen then print it out and mail it. On another note, do you have the dealer name plate? If you do, could you post a photo. I would love to see it. I grew up about three blocks from Park Avenue Chevrolet and spent countless hours there checking out the new cars. Joe.

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/documents/formulaires/vehicle_record_request.pdf

marriest

• View Profile
Check is in the mail, Thanks! Looks like a good place to start.
Terry
Terry

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Terry,
Not sure if you had the car inspected before you bought it, so I might have some bad news. Car was restored in Canada in the 90's. The cowl was replaced, the trim tag is not original, neither is the axle. I don't know about the engine or trans.
Kurt S
CRG

hihorse

• View Profile
Terry, if you haven't done so already, send the linked form below to the SAAQ, Quebec's DMV. They will provide you with a Vehicle History Report that shows, besides basic vehicle data, the number of times and dates that the vehicle was registered in Quebec. Because of privacy laws, it no longer shows individual owner's names, however it will show commercial owner's names. It costs $12.25 Canadian dollars and has a three week turnaround time. You can fill out the form on-screen then print it out and mail it. On another note, do you have the dealer name plate? If you do, could you post a photo. I would love to see it. I grew up about three blocks from Park Avenue Chevrolet and spent countless hours there checking out the new cars. Joe.

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/documents/formulaires/vehicle_record_request.pdf
How far back does the report go?

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Rule # 1. If big bucks are in play, make sure you check with CRG.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

stovebolt

• 1968 L6 Sport Coupe
    • View Profile
Hihorse. My own report went back to 1983 which is when my car entered Quebec. Perhaps Marriest could let us know how far back his went.

hihorse

• View Profile
Thanks, be nice if it goes back to '69, will find out pretty soon , i already sent cheque

marriest

• View Profile
Received reply back SAAQ Quebec's DMV

Reply was " The vehicle # 124679N641885 is not in our files.
The SAAQ does not hold information or documents that you requested.

Looks like no help at all.
Terry

hihorse

• View Profile
my request had no info

anything