Author Topic: 68 radio delete  (Read 4943 times)

ccargo

• View Profile
68 radio delete
« on: February 12, 2007, 02:42:05 PM »
I have a 68 radio delete car and it had an aftermarket radio put in it at one time. I found the delete plate but dont know if it is mounted over the woodgrain face plate or under it? Since the delete plate is black it looks goofy both ways on a woodgrain face plate but I'd like to get it right anyway.
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 68 radio delete
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:16:39 AM »
The plate goes over top of the wood grain bezel.  I have to admit that it looks better with the std black bezel than with the wood grain.  The 68 Z28 race car that I run has a delete plate.  There is also a cardboard piece that is taped to the underside of the speaker grill.  Part of the delete pkg.

Jerry 

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:23:05 AM »
Thank you Jerry, it sure is nice having another Top Gun here on a regular basis :)

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »
I had a chance to look under the dash and found the cardboard piece still covering the speaker opening. Thought that was kinda interesting.  Thanks for the learnin as I would most likely have pulled it out thinking it was non factory. I took a photo but will have to see if it turns out before I post it. When the aftermarket radio was put in speaker holes were cut into the package tray. Its a perfect original deluxe interior except for that  :-\  I was going to replace the package tray with an aftermarket but its in such nice shape except for the dang holes I decided to leave it and put some original grills over the holes.

lvfyrman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:52:29 AM »
if you did remove the cardboard from the dash, could/would you trace it for a template? or if you did not remove it, is it possible to measure the dimensions?

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 02:13:19 AM »
Yes, I'll do that for you. I dont want to pull it out because the tape is something different than I've seen before and that might be the toughest part to duplicate. I'll post a photo once I get time to download the camera and do my best to take some measurements.