Author Topic: CRG non-forum areas  (Read 7941 times)

qwertyme77

• View Profile
CRG non-forum areas
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »
In reading about drivetrain decode, and all the other research that CRG has generated, I noticed that while most of the pics are "clickable", and hence easy to save to my computer pictures folder, all the charts that I ran across are not downloadable. I would have to use Windows snipping tool to save them to my computer. Is it possible to eventually make them "clickable" like most of the pictures? It would make them easier to save, and easier to transfer to my phone or tablet for reference in the field or at swap meets.

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: CRG non-forum areas
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »
Within the HTML code of most web sites, the chart is likely a .jpg or .png file. You should be able to right click and select 'save image as' to your local location.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:29:37 PM »
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I right click and choose "save as", it saves the entire article as an HTML document. It doesn't differential between the tables or charts and the entire text document. I'm wanting to save the chart as a jpeg or pdf.

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:05 PM »
when you right click...hold  it down and scan the chart...start at the top or bottom and move the curser over the area you want copied..then release after area is colored  you then can copy or print

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 10:44:56 PM »
I looked at one table located at: http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#VINvsStyle 
and see it is actually preformated text so there is no image associated with it to save.
To see what the page code looks like you can right click and select 'view page source'. This will display the HTML code used for that page. In the case of the table I was looking at (1967-1969 Camaro Exterior Paint Color Codes) you can see the code for the table contents is between:  pre> code here </pre
In that situation you may need a screen capture program like Greenshot (free) to capture the whole screen or a portion of if. Then you can save the captured section as a jpg or png file.

Mike

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 10:46:26 PM »
when you right click...hold  it down and scan the chart...start at the top or bottom and move the curser over the area you want copied..then release after area is colored  you then can copy or print
Yep!  that will certainly work too.

Mike

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 10:57:19 PM »

In that situation you may need a screen capture program like Greenshot (free) to capture the whole screen or a portion of if. Then you can save the captured section as a jpg or png file.

Mike

I saw the whole coding for the web page and I understand what you're saying. But I was hoping there was an easier way to save the charts or tables without resorting to a screen capture.

As for the right click and drag to highlight... nothing happens.  However a left click and drag will let me highlight a portion of the text and then I can Copy,  but I don't get an option to Paste to my pictures folder or even the desktop..

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »
As long as you are not copying them for use on another article or webpage, that’s fine. But you aren’t really gaining a lot. You can just bookmark the site and refer back to it with your phone browser. We are already hosting the files.

We do have this link describing how the information may be used.
http://www.camaros.org/crglegal.shtml
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:47 PM »
Some of the charts are embedded into the html code and can not be saved off easily.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 11:11:46 PM »
I was afraid of them being embedded.  I guess i'm going to have to do it the long way. I didn't want to have to scroll through a web page to get to the charts. I was going to set up an album in my iphone for quick access when I'm at a swap meet.

I have no intention of using CRG info for anything other than personal use. No books, articles, webpages or such.

But thank you all for the quick and patient replies.

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 02:39:11 AM »
  If you do a left click and highlight the area of interest for a copy & paste and you see a copy but not the paste option, then do a control v  (press and hold the control key then 'v' key). The control v   is a paste. Most of the times I'll highlight an area and press control c (for copy) then do a control v (for paste) into whatever document I am editing.
Mike

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 02:05:10 AM »
[quote author=qwertyme77 link=topic=16356.msg147925#msg147925 date=152 I guess i'm going to have to do it the long way. I didn't want to have to scroll through a web page to get to the charts. I was going to set up an album in my iphone for quick access when I'm at a swap meet[/quote]

Believe me, if you begin to study the pages and reference them often, it will not be hard or take long to find the info needed on this site. It is laid out very well. After awhile, you won’t even have to look anymore. You will know what you are looking at and looking for. No disrespect, but I would say about everyone on here has had to memorize and know how and where to find information and paid their dues. No instant experts here. If you study enough, it won’t be long before you are able to rattle off numbers and facts ad nauseum. When attending a swap, I bring a pocket knife to scrape off, a rag to clean my hands, a magnifying glass and a tape measure, and my IPhone. For the most part though, I just use my memory and experience at recognizing parts. I rarely have to look up info. That is just experience which, in time, you will have, as well.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 12:39:16 AM »
Almost all the tables are generated with HTML code. Easy to edit, resizes to different screens. Having them as jpg's would be a big PIM(my)A.
Kurt S
CRG

anything