Author Topic: 69Z/28 With Endura Bumper  (Read 2190 times)

retired69zguy

• View Profile
69Z/28 With Endura Bumper
« on: March 24, 2018, 12:13:30 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the forum, and am looking for some information regarding my Z. It's a Canadian documented Z which was originally equipped with an Endura bumper. A cowl hood, black grille, and chrome bumper were installed in the mid-70's. As the Endura was a rare option, is there any information available regarding additional value based on the car being equipped with this option? I'm not sure if the company that did my last appraisal considered this as significant. Is it?
I'll post some pics and details when I get things figured out. It's a numbers-matching 05E Norwood car with 58,000 miles on it. Tuxedo interior & gauge package. All original sheet metal, interior, and glass, one repaint. Probably 95% original overall; major items missing: smog and manifolds, 480 distributor, and original rad core.
Thanks,
Eric

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: 69Z/28 With Endura Bumper
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 12:37:14 AM »
Welcome! Just my opinion, but I don't think the VE3 bumper would add any significant value over an otherwise identical car with the standard chrome bumper. It changes the appearance slightly, but that's a matter of preference. Unless it fits really nice and tight, it can actually look worse than a chrome version.
If a collector were looking for a car loaded with conceivable options, VE3 might influence a purchase, but I don't think it'd add to the overall value.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: 69Z/28 With Endura Bumper
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 12:56:12 AM »
I agree with Tim. Some colors the VE3 looks better with than others. Also Some RS cars look better with the VE3 than a non RS with it. I would say it is kind of the lump sum of options that make the car. For a hard core 1st gen guy, it is only documented original items that add value. Regardless of what the insurance company says, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay for the car, not what it would take to restore a car.
I have an early L.A. 69 RS Z. It does have factory spoilers, deluxe seat belts, tinted glass, AM/FM radio and the VE3 bumper. I think the VE3 bumper with the RS package really add to the look of the car, and would help it sell, since there are not a bunch of eye catching options otherwise ( no console/gauges, to early for the ZL2 hood etc)
IMO what helps these car sell faster than others is having docs, and a nice history of the car. Especially where a Z is concerned, since there are so many copies out there. Canadian docs are nice, POP is good, factory invoice(s). The more docs the better.
 Someone may be able to fake one of those items, but I doubt would be able to fake all of them, and make them pass muster for an inspection.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV