Author Topic: Rear bench seat  (Read 4180 times)

sagood

• View Profile
Rear bench seat
« on: February 10, 2007, 05:07:18 PM »
 I have a 1967 convertible and i want to know how can you tell the difference between a rear seat for a coupe or a convertible?
Is there a size difference? if so what is it?
Thanks

MMMM_ERT

• View Profile
Re: Rear bench seat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 02:18:57 AM »
I have a 1967 convertible and i want to know how can you tell the difference between a rear seat for a coupe or a convertible?
Is there a size difference? if so what is it?
Thanks

The vert seat is narrower...    by how much I am uncertain.   I had to use a vert rear seat cover for my coupe because I have the fold down rear seat which is also narrower than the standard coupe.....that really throws a wrench in the works!
1968 Camaro RS/SS 350 Coupe

My68SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:37:05 AM »
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the folding rear seat option meant rear armrests were also fitted which made the seat narrower. Is that correct?
All this raises some other questions, the standard convertible rear seat must be the same width as a folding coupe seat?
What about a folding rear convertible seat, is that a different size again?
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »
Convertible rear seat and folding seat are the same 48in.  Standard coupe seats are around 51-52 inches.  You can tell easy by looking at the bases.  standard coupe base have 2 scallops in the back corners for the wheel well, convert and fold downs dont have the scallop.