Author Topic: Family survivor 69 Camaro  (Read 59932 times)

DomX77D80

• View Profile
Re: Family survivor 69 Camaro
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »
Wow Thank's for your Picture  ;D 8)

Everett#2390

• ^Bess
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »
Awesome story/thread and Thanks for the pictures.
I am surprised the exhaust pipe studs DID NOT break and OE nuts did not hang up.
A flashlight is a case for dead batteries.

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 03:25:19 AM »
Well it's been a few months and between two summer road trips, kids' activities, summer yard work, doing a few tweaks on the C10, and generally enjoying the summer I have not had much time to work on the Camaro. In the last week though the disassembly made a major step forward with the front sheet metal coming off. I posted a few more pictures to Flickr but not a lot of detail shots. Let me know what you want to see at this phase.

In the next couple of weeks I will be tearing down the front suspension and pulling the engine/trans. Seats and larger interior parts will be coming out soon too.

Anyone want a T3 headlight that doesn't work?  :o

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »
Seats are out now, seat belts next. Last call for any pre-disassembly photos of anything else in the interior. Door panels, dash pad, and headliner will not be coming out. More pictures of the seat belts in the Flickr album.

Some pre-disassembly shots

The carpet

Rear

Seat belts (more on the album, showing all tags)

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
...and a couple random ones

Ashtray

Crank pulley and bolts

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2018, 11:43:27 AM »
Nice detail shots, thank you!
Really like the uncluttered look of a manual floor shifter without a console.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »
Might as well pull the heater motor and shoot the second hidden VIN for fun. I am sure it matches, but just nice to see. There might also be some other chalk markings under there. You might have to rebuild the motor anyway? I put mine in a vice and ran it for 15 minutes and it seemed ok so I just put it back in. Nice job so far! Danny

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
The interior shots often requested are the cuts in the carpet to install the seats and the melt pads (tar stuff) on the floor.
Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2018, 10:46:56 AM »
Heater motor will be coming out soon. Where is the second VIN? I will get a shot and post it.

Here are some picture of the cuts in the under seat carpet. I will probably get the carpet out in the next couple of days and will post pictures of how everything looks underneath then.

R68GTO

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2018, 12:30:09 AM »
Thank you for posting all these photos gma, this is a thread I will likely reference quite often.  If you get a chance to photograph Bothe the underlayment beneath the carpet and the underside of the drivers side carpet, I would definitely have an interest in those areas.  Thanks again for creating and maintaining this thread!
1969 427 COPO Camaro Lemans Blue/Black, M22 4 speed, 15,500 original miles

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2018, 04:16:59 AM »
Might as well pull the heater motor and shoot the second hidden VIN for fun. I am sure it matches, but just nice to see. There might also be some other chalk markings under there. You might have to rebuild the motor anyway? I put mine in a vice and ran it for 15 minutes and it seemed ok so I just put it back in. Nice job so far! Danny

Here's the matching VIN under the heater box

I'm converting over to Vintage Air - will change the center vent set up though to keep the dash pad and to not cut the dash.

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 04:26:25 AM »
Making a bit more progress. Most of the interior is out, just the harness, one kick panel, and a few of the vent ducts left. Carpet will be coming out soon. Hopefully I'll get to all of that this weekend and clean up the parts that are all over the garage. Here are a few interior shots. Let me know if you want to see any details.

Adding a better picture of the original dealer sticker. One of my favorite things on the car. If I ever have to repaint it I am going to replicate this.

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2019, 03:59:26 AM »
It's been awhile again since the last post but here's an update. I'll post a few more pictures, let me know if you want any detail shots. There are more in the Flickr album.
Interior is completely stripped, all harnesses are out, firewall is stripped. Exhaust system, rear axle, front suspension, and subframe will all be coming out in the next week or so.

After carpet removal and some tags I found under the carpet. One was still stuck to the carpet and the other came off when I pulled it out.

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2019, 04:03:15 AM »
A few miscellaneous

Under carpet

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2019, 04:49:31 AM »
As I recall one of the CRG Research topics was finned vs unfinnrd drum brakes - mostly for ‘68’s but notice finned front drums shown in an earlier post on this page.
Richard Thomas
1969 RS