Author Topic: Family survivor 69 Camaro  (Read 59582 times)

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: Family survivor 69 Camaro
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »
Just 4 bolts and the fan is off. I'm mostly interested if there are #'s on the fan blades and a pic of the clutch.
Flattened end dip stick.
What's the overall length of the lug wrench?
Yup, pics of some parts will be when you take things apart.

Interesting that it has the optional (RPO K02) 7 blade fan and clutch.  Standard would have been the fixed 4-blade fan.

When I rebuilt the 327 in my ride and upped the compression ration to 10.5:1, I discovered just how marginal the stock cooling system was and that after the rebuild, the stock cooling system was right on the edge. 

I converted from the 4 blade fixed fan to 7 blade, temperature control clutch arrangement, sealed up any leakage paths I could find between the core support and the radiator and that eliminated any cooling issues that I was experiencing.  Key was getting more air through the stock 3 core radiator. 

The optional 7 blade fan really made a difference.  That is a nice option to have.

Good luck.

Richard
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »
Certainly an interesting option to pick - great grandpa may have been trying to avoid overcooling in those cold ND winters.

I can attest to the fan working great on the car, last summer I drove about 100 miles round trip of the Hot Rod Power Tour in 90+ heat and it didn't miss a beat. Of course, the 2bbl 327 is not making anywhere close to its full power anymore..ha!... and I just cruised it pretty gently.

ALLZS

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »
still interested in some detailed pictures of the PBT stamps on the fire wall both left & right sides thanks 

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 02:48:29 AM »
still interested in some detailed pictures of the PBT stamps on the fire wall both left & right sides thanks

Need to get them cleaned up a bit before I can get some decent pictures. Probably won't be until later this week.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 05:49:05 PM »
Thanks for the pics.
He has more pics that he hasn't posted here on his Flicker album. I added the link to his first post. It's https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeFqB6B
Kurt S
CRG

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 12:54:44 AM »
One more thing...anyone know what this is? It was in the glove box and must have come with the car from the dealer. It is a simple piece of plastic that looks like it could be a place to hang something. The smaller circle is extended out from the bigger one, I should have taken one more picture of it - ha

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »
That's an ice scraper; grab it by the handle and move it around the windshield in a circular motion.

Takes a guy in his '60s from WI.
Learning more and more about less and less...

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 02:28:11 AM »
Spot on William.  I remember using one as a kid.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 03:44:10 AM »
Thanks - I grew up in ND and still live in the midwest but have never seen or used such an ice scraper.  :o

That's an ice scraper; grab it by the handle and move it around the windshield in a circular motion.

Takes a guy in his '60s from WI.

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »
Never saw one hear in NC but I like it.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 01:49:57 AM »
Got a few more things off over the last week. Big one is the AIR system and here are some photos. What does the date code on the pump indicate? Also, is the orange overspray on the tubes from the factory?

I also now have most of the engine bay cleaned out and can get close up photos of anything. If it is not in the photos it is in a storage bin; I have only sold a handful of items so far. Other than the carb coming off the engine will likely stay as is until the front clip comes off.

Here are the pics, remember there are more in the Flickr album. (link in the original post)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2018, 04:55:10 AM »
Great that you were able to get the AIR tubes out in one piece.
Shouldn't have any orange on it.
http://www.camaros.org/emissions.shtml#pumps
Kurt S
CRG

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »
Don’t loose that metal tag under the screw on the front of the carb - it is the part number tag and should have a date code and perhaps some other info.  Since it has the tag, probably no part no. on the carb body itself. 
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

gma_camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 03:36:03 AM »

Here they are, along with a number stamping on the back of the fan clutch hub I somehow missed

This one shows the lack of paint coverage behind the wiring hanger

and the fan clutch hub

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »
Can you measure the heights and widths of the PBT stamps? I think the repros are too big, IIRC.

Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

anything