Author Topic: Unique Door Sticker Promoting 1967 Indy Pace Car @ Nankell Chevy in '67 Yearbook  (Read 1463 times)

SMKZ28

• View Profile
I just found this cool picture of a 1967 Camaro convertible with a totally unique sticker/decal on the door that states, CAMARO! OFFICIAL PACE CAR "500" with a race car and some racing  flags surrounding it.  I have never seen this before.  It appears in an ad for Nankivell Chevrolet on page 128 of the Emmerich Manual High School yearbook entitled, Ivian, 1967.  The copy states, "Festival Special! Seniors Susan Williams and Bill Baron admire the "500" pace car, the Camaro, on display at Nankivell Chevrolet. NANKIVELL CHEVROLET, INC. 3800 South U. S. 31"  I found it at the Indianapolis Library Digital Collection: http://www.digitalindy.org/cdm/compoundobject/collection/emhs/id/3546/show/3525/rec/8

Obviously the regular door decal of the Indy Pace Car does not appear on this car and the interior looks to be too dark for the blue interior of a Festival Car, so they might have just put these stickers/decals on all the other Camaros they had in the showroom to help promote the fact that the Camaro was the Pace Car that year.  Just a thought.

Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

anything