Author Topic: Z-Bar / Clutch Bellcrank Plug  (Read 9617 times)

Z10Mike

• View Profile
Re: Z-Bar / Clutch Bellcrank Plug
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
Regarding the poster's question: "This might be a dumb question, are the bars tapped for a Zerk under the plug?"  I recently removed(and saved) the original orange plug from my Z bar to install a grease fitting.  The hole was not tapped and I had to tap the hole to install the grease fitting.  Mixed emotions at altering the originality, but my car never is going to be judged at a show.  That tipped the scales toward the service side of the equation and the zerk fitting went in.

HOGDADDY

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 04:00:13 AM »
Here's one on Ebay I ran across. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-GM-NOS-1967-1969-CAMARO-SMALL-BLOCK-CLUTCH-BELLCRANK-Z-BAR-3998652/152901616882?hash=item2399a584f2:g:rWoAAOSwJc9afg6q not mine.
I have a nos z-bar somewhere I don't know if it has plug or not.

69-er

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 03:53:24 AM »
I know this is old but the hole in mine is tapped for a Zerk fitting on my 69.  However the hole is way bigger than your typical size fitting you might see on steering linkage, etc.

Where would one find such animal?  I sure have never seen a Zerk that big.

169INDY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 04:05:02 AM »
Mcmaster carr has a great selection and tools for drilling down the salient characteristics for product selection and determining your required part number.  You are going to need to determine the existing threaded hole size and thread style and details  and or rework the tapped hole to match one of the available products.

JIM
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »
I know this is old but the hole in mine is tapped for a Zerk fitting on my 69.  However the hole is way bigger than your typical size fitting you might see on steering linkage, etc.

The bellcrank shaft accepts a large zerk fitting that are available at most Camaro parts vendors

The clutch bellcrank shaft should be pre-threaded to accept a large zerk fitting that is available at most auto parts stores. Bring it with you and they will fit it for you. If that's not possible the Camaro parts vendors all sell them online.

Here is a link to an online vendor:
https://www.camarocentral.com/1967_1981_Chevy_Camaro_Grease_Zerk_Fitting_p/clu-8f.htm

anything