Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

1967 Z-28 302

(1/6) > >>

Emo1956:
Does anyone know for sure if the 3817173 balancer was finned on a 67 302 ? I am restoring the engine and I can't seem to find the right answer .  Thank you all.

bertfam:
The finned balancer was discontinued sometime during the 1966 model year. It's possible (but not probable) that some VERY early 1967 engines may have had the finned balancer, but since the FIRST PRODUCTION Z28 didn't come out until early January, 1967 (Jon Mello's car), the chances are almost zero that there was one originally installed in a 302.

Ed

cook_dw:
"Experts" disagree.   ::)

Jerry@CHP:
1967 Z28 engines never received the finned balancer.  My company, CHP has rebuild dozens of original '67 302 engines, judged at the Camaro Nationals many restored and original '67 Z28's and never has one turned up on an original engine. They were used in 1966 and have been seen on the '66 L79 engines. 

Have been running the national registry on these cars now for 30 years.  Yep, since 1988 and all of my data shows it was never used.  I hope this helps.

Jerry

bcmiller:
My knowledge on the subject is limited, but I have never seen that finned balancer used on a 67 Z.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page