Author Topic: my old fuel line  (Read 2791 times)

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
my old fuel line
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:09:20 PM »
I ordered new lines because I really just got sick of cleaning undercoating. I've been happy with the vendor in the past, and this time was no different, Bends matched, brake routed nicely. We oops the fuel line. Stupid mistake. Looked fine...unless your in the know that it's wrong. So out it came. Was going to pull the trigger on a new line, but curiosity got the best of me so down stairs came the original line. Under rattle can Rustoleum and undercoating was this.  :) More hours into it then I'll admit, but worth it.  I did not polish it, reflection from the phone flash.

After the holidays I'm dropping the rear end and having it gone through. And re-geared...maybe. My heads already wrapped around another project, long time coming but time to wrap the Z up. 2nd owner got a hold of my old man out of the blue, so this summer like to get those two and #1 together, shoot some pics, have a few beers and document the story. #2 really did all the Day 2 things back in 69 to the car, pretty cool it's going back together with all the parts he actually ordered and installed way back when. And had enough foresight to keep what he took off. Plus he loved the car and am told he should have a lot of old pictures.

68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: my old fuel line
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »
my original fuel line looked good but eventually leaked due to rusting from the inside-out at the 90 degree bend by the rear spring perch.
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
Yea, why the brake lines are in the rafters, inner corrosion possibilities. I had 0 signs of corrosion in my fuel system. Tank looks great inside. Maybe less moisture absorbtion in race fuel vs pump gas, thats all that was ran through it. Appreciate the reply though, ill keep an eye in the area when it breathes life again. Always being stored on the lift.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
Lines cleaned up nice!!

anything