Author Topic: 1969 Camaro STOLEN in Texas! Yenko?  (Read 5467 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
1969 Camaro STOLEN in Texas! Yenko?
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »
So I saw this posting on Facebook, in the vintage 1969 camaro group:

https://www.facebook.com/gary.johnson.545849/posts/10208666618577690?pnref=story

Nov 4th this poor guy got his dream car stolen. I can not vouch for the Yenko authenticity, but it is a 69 Camaro at the least, which has been been painted Hugger Orange, (originally 53 53 Glacier blue)

If you read the story he gives the license plate and VIN of the trailer but I never see the Camaro Vin number mentioned?
Anyways, I feel for anyone who gets a car stolen, its a terrible thing, :-\
 I hope something turns up for this guy.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: 1969 Camaro STOLEN in Texas! Yenko?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
The license plate number of the car is a Texas Antique Vehicle, LXP L2. The trim tag shown in the picture (see below) is:

ST69 12437 NOR276895 BDY
TR 715 53 53 PNT
02D X11

Ed

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:47:42 PM »
VIN known?
Jimmy V.

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:06:55 PM »
That has got to be a 'bad dream' feeling to see your car is gone. I would never leave my car alone even if someone said the grounds were patrolled. I'd sleep in the front seat with an M1911 in hand if I had to.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »
Crap like this terrifies me.  I get that stomach knot just seeing notices like this.  And how do you even stop it from happening?  This is one reason I HATE to take my car anywhere that I have to leave it out of my sight. I used to go to those weekend shows all over the state, such as Turkey Rod run, or Winternationals, where I would drive my car there and have to leave it in the parking lot.  Alarm...they cut that.  Have it on a trailer, well, that just seems to help them take it.  Pull the ignition coil wire or have a cut off on the starter, doesn't matter.  Did you guys see that one video where they took that guys 69 by simply getting in and having another car push the Camaro out of the covered parking garage and down the street.  All done in moments with nothing to really slow them down.  Hell, they can be gone with the car just as quick as if they had the key for it. 

The only thing I could think of would be a steering wheel and brake lock combination.  That along with an underfed pit bull with rabies sitting in the back seat. 

What is sad is that I used to drive my Indy pace car on the weekend all over town on the weekends.  But now, my gut wrenches the moment the car is out of site, and no matter what I am doing, there is this constant worry...will the car be there when I come back, is some asshole going to hit it while parked, is someone going to key it, and all that.  It kinda sucks.  I guess it is the price to pay. 

If anyone has an idea for keeping scumbags from taking our beloved family members....let me know. 

And for the record, I hope there is a special place in hell for people who steal classic cars.  I can imagine how sick I would be, having your car stolen, after spending years restoring it, put your heart and soul into it, and cannot be replaced at any price.  It has to be up with having a child kidnapped.  I could only hope that if my car was taken, that after I get it back, that I get to the scumbags before the cops do.  It would not be pretty.  And no one would blame me for what I would do to the scum that stole my Camaro. 

I hope he gets it back.  If you do, post what happened.  We could use a happy ending here.

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:52:29 PM »
how about a tracking device installed? kinda like on star system...that might help

Everett#2390

• ^Bess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 12:12:38 AM »
Sorry in reading of the stolen dream car.
As far as a tracking device, one can buy a pawn shop phone, fasten to the back of the glovebox, and turn on its GPS.
Now you have a tracking GPS.
A flashlight is a case for dead batteries.

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
Anything being stolen, sucks, but it certainly isn't a Yenko...
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »
Anything being stolen, sucks, but it certainly isn't a Yenko...

Hey hey hey, come on now, you don't know that.... ;D

It was funny reading the comments on facebook, people understandably felt bad for the guy, but some people were saying "oh man that car was worth like $200k. "
I think the silver lining of the story, is he will likely get a insurance check for the car, and he can just go out and make another Yenko...Right? ;)
(with the super rare Yenko pontiac hood tach)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
I think the silver lining of the story, is he will likely get a insurance check for the car, and he can just go out and make another Yenko...Right? ;)
(with the super rare Yenko pontiac hood tach)

Hey hey hey, come on now, you don't know that.... ;D

:)

Paul

anything