Author Topic: Paint colors on the Alan Green Camaro  (Read 498 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Paint colors on the Alan Green Camaro
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Brian.  I would love to see you talk Tony into ditching the rear spoiler and having it look just like it did at Sebring. That would be seriously cool.

Mike, yes the 2nd Kent race was from '68, the other races shown are from '67 although this car was not at all of them so I'm not sure why they are listed like that. The car did get changed to dark green in late '67, I'm not sure why they didn't wait until after the season to do it. The green on that car model is not accurate but I don't think I have a color picture to show you.
Jon Mello
CRG

bossboy302

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 05:28:28 AM »
Here's a color pic of the car from Sebring in March '67. You can see the white roundel for the number is not the same shade as the color of the car. Even in a b&w shot you can see the shades are not the same. The letter T is the paint code used for Capri Cream that year. The green has got to be a custom shade. I've never seen a stock GM green that looked like that.

The rectangular emblem below the Chevrolet emblem on the trunk does say Camaro on it. If you're going to leave the rear spoiler on Tony's car, and I assume you are, then you should forget about bothering with the emblems as they would mostly be covered up by the spoiler if left in that position.

Also, note the "Alan Green Chevrolet" lettering on the fender was originally black, not green.

Allowing for photographic 'interpretation', the green color in this photo appears very, very close to the trunk lid color that we found under the white. I believe this trunk lid was once painted green, perhaps the one time the car ran green with white 'outline' stripes, or maybe from the sister car that was reportedly painted in an opposite fashion.

Maybe another GM green available in 1967. Maybe a custom mix.

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 05:58:30 AM »
Cadillac had a firemist color that was close to this. But I thought the firemist colors were early '70's.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 03:37:58 AM »
Show us a picture of the green paint you're talking about, Brian. You're saying it's the same color as on the slot car?

Attached is a photo of Gary Gove sitting in the car in late '67. It sure seems to be a dark green at that time. Also note the interior is basically all black unlike the black and gray combo it is now. Tony has a binder on the car with Gary Gove's phone number and address. Try contacting Gary to see if he knows what color green they used. Also, the original mechanic Larry Webb may also know, if he is still around.
Jon Mello
CRG

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
Here's a colour chart for '64 Cadi's, they offered a green in "Fire Mist & Fire Frost" through '67 and beyond.

Google Cadi Colour charts for various years, I didn't want to post them all here.

Once again, colour reproduction is not the best, and I'm sure some of these charts are faded.

Mike