Author Topic: Advice on selling 69 Z/28  (Read 10495 times)

Charley

• View Profile
Re: Advice on selling 69 Z/28
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »
Dammit. I met a guy a couple weeks ago looking for a good Z. He was tired of looking at fakes. It was at Pavillions in Scottsdale. I will be back there in a couple weeks and might see him again. He left his contact info with Larry Christiansen.

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 02:41:09 PM »
Years ago I had my 302 re-done as I had ring failure in #7. I was excited to have that typical small block Chevy rear main oil leak finally fixed as well. About 3 months after I got it up and running again, the rear main oil drip returned. Oh well, the 302 still runs like you know what!!

Thats just the way my luck goes also. Right after I finished the resto on my 68 SSRS396 I had a small oil pan leak. I spent 5 years restoring the car and thought I was meticulous when I built the motor. I puled it back out and went to a one piece pan gasket. It was sealed up for about 300 miles and then the d@mn leak returned. That was almost 6000 miles ago, I keep telling myself I will get to it but its been almost 3 years now & I still havent had the time. It's just leaves a small drip on the floor about the size of dime after I've driven it a bit but it still drives me crazy.

Yup, that's a small block chevy. They changed the design in 1986 to eliminate the issue. I don't know if that did it or not?
Jimmy V.

68Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 04:49:11 PM »
Thinking about trying to down size my hoard a bit & maybe let go of my 69 Z/28. I was hoping for some advice on how to go about actually selling the car in this day & age? Where would you list it? would you try and fix a few small things first or just sell as is etc.. I think I've owned it 18 or 19 years now & only put about 7000 miles on it in that time.  It's far from perfect, but is still a nice solid  # 3 car. Thankfully, I don't need to sell it, I'm just looking for some info from others that have been down this road.
Any & all advice would be appreciated, Thank you.

I would think you would have no problem selling your Camaro its a nice looking car as is. Don't sell yourself short, your being honest and up front about the condition of it and potential buyers will recognize that. I would address the issues you are aware of but that's just my opinion. Being a long time owner is also huge selling point and it doesn't sound like your pressed to sell it so those are more positives.

I would list it in the classified section of a Camaro forum such as Team Camaro. Also, just advertise it at some local car shows and word of mouth will get around. There are a ton of guy's from the muscle car era who are approaching retirement, looking for a hobby and trying to bring back a little of their youth. As far as a value of it goes I would just do some comparisons and you might be pleasantly surprised. In my opinion the last of the baby boomers have expendable cash and are driving the prices up. Good luck!
69 Camaro RS
327ci Automatic
12 bolt posi. / 3.55

Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »
Dammit. I met a guy a couple weeks ago looking for a good Z. He was tired of looking at fakes. It was at Pavillions in Scottsdale. I will be back there in a couple weeks and might see him again. He left his contact info with Larry Christiansen.

Thanks Charley, I'll bet Larry will find him a good car. I used to drool all over Larry's cars when I would go race the Denver Super Chevy shows years ago.

Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 10:35:57 PM »
Thinking about trying to down size my hoard a bit & maybe let go of my 69 Z/28. I was hoping for some advice on how to go about actually selling the car in this day & age? Where would you list it? would you try and fix a few small things first or just sell as is etc.. I think I've owned it 18 or 19 years now & only put about 7000 miles on it in that time.  It's far from perfect, but is still a nice solid  # 3 car. Thankfully, I don't need to sell it, I'm just looking for some info from others that have been down this road.
Any & all advice would be appreciated, Thank you.

I would think you would have no problem selling your Camaro its a nice looking car as is. Don't sell yourself short, your being honest and up front about the condition of it and potential buyers will recognize that. I would address the issues you are aware of but that's just my opinion. Being a long time owner is also huge selling point and it doesn't sound like your pressed to sell it so those are more positives.

I would list it in the classified section of a Camaro forum such as Team Camaro. Also, just advertise it at some local car shows and word of mouth will get around. There are a ton of guy's from the muscle car era who are approaching retirement, looking for a hobby and trying to bring back a little of their youth. As far as a value of it goes I would just do some comparisons and you might be pleasantly surprised. In my opinion the last of the baby boomers have expendable cash and are driving the prices up. Good luck!

Thank you for the info & the kind words sir.

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 01:39:03 AM »
I'll be back in Az next weekend and if I see the guy I will get his #. He had just moved to Az from Oregon and sold his midyear Vette. Wants a good 69 Z.

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »
Maybe I missed it but is the engine & drive-train original? Make a sheet up listing (similar to what Gary suggested with past owners) the engine trans and rear stampings and date codes along with critical components which both assist obtaining a good price and quick sale. Identify the carb, distributor, starter, and any other original parts that add value like shocks, original spare tire or tire jack (date code), etc.
That way you have both ownership history and car detail documented which many in tune buyers want to know.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

tmagda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »
Yeah, but he is only offering a dollar! LOL!!! ;D

Paul

Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 12:23:37 AM »
Thank you guys, I'm going to wait until spring before makes any quick decisions and see how I feel about it then. Thank you again.

Ouch!! I was really hoping it would be worth more than a dollar.  :o  lol..