Author Topic: Original floor mats  (Read 2904 times)

rsandy

• View Profile
Original floor mats
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »
Hey folks.  I have the following that I'm trying to identify.  Black GM floor mats, front are P.P.I. 4720 23 and 4720 24 and rear are 4465 19 and 4465 20.  They are mint condition.  Backstory:  in the early 70's my best friends brother had an original 69 Camaro SS, dark green with black interior.  My friend then in 1996 gave me these mats for my 67 Chevelle telling me that they were the original's from his brother's 69 Camaro.  Both my friend and his brother are now deceased so unfortunately I cannot validate the origin.

Can anyone help me identify what these are for or from?

Thank you,
Rick

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Original floor mats
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
Rick, Chevrolet floor mats (even the dealer installed accessory mats) always had the Chevrolet "Bow-Tie" emblem in them and I don't see that in yours, so they're most likely aftermarket. I DO see some kind of logo at the top of the front mats, but it doesn't appears to be the bow-tie.

Ed

rsandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
Hi Ed, The logo is "GM"  I see these NOS on ebay exactly as mine with the GM logo and in GM boxes, part number 997237 for example.  There are several sets in NOS GM boxes in fact.  The problem is that the sellers have no idea what years they are for only advertising them as vintage and 60's.  They also have the P.P.I. numbers on the back but don't match what I have in numbers only.  Based on the ebay NOS with GM logo and in original boxes I would tend to swat towards disagreeing with you that they are aftermarket.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Rick

rsandy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »
here is an ebay item number that can be used for reference.  Notice they are NOS with boxes and have the P.P.I. number as well.  These are identical to what I have expect the PPI number is slightly different

eBay item number:132368795290

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:45:38 PM »
If they have GM for a logo, then they're GM mats. Not necessarily a Chevrolet application, but who knows!!

Ed

rsandy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
ok, thanks Ed.  Back to square 1 I suppose - UGH

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Those are generic GM mats used about mid-'70s-late '80s. Definitely not '69 Camaro mats.
Learning more and more about less and less...

anything