Author Topic: 69 Rally Sport  (Read 9363 times)

waynechipman

• View Profile
69 Rally Sport
« on: December 10, 2005, 08:03:28 PM »
I am hearing conflicting statements about wether or not all 69 Camaro Rally Sports came with headlight washers or not. Also do the cutout areas in the tailpan for the backlights have a flanged area at the bottom of cut tapering to flush at top or is whle cutout area flush to tailpan face Any info would be greatly appreciated.

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Rally Sport
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:41:57 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, headlight washers were a standard part of all Z22 Rally Sport cars for 1969.  It was the case with my '69 RS Coupe.

Looking at my car, the backup light cut outs in the tailpan valence appear to be flush.  However, I've never had them out so I'll defer to someone who knows for sure.

Tried to send you a pic of the backup lights in my car, but for some reason it wouldn't go through.
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

waynechipman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 07:15:38 AM »
Thanks a lot this is a great site for learning. Sometimes the more you learn about theses cars the more you realize how much more there is to learn.

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 06:35:50 AM »
Yes, the headlight washer system was standard on RS cars.  Not sure if it was an option on std cars, havent seen or heard of one with it.

Not sure what you mean by "flanged" on the B/U light cutouts.  Do you mean the thickness of the metal, or the size of the opening?  Either way, heres a pic of the factory cut out.

dave
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

waynechipman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:21 PM »
A picture I look at on one site looked like the metal was indented along bottom edge to increase strength. I t could have been just lines from the light housing touching the metal. is the picture your showing of an original one. Thanks for the pic I have been on a two and a half year search learning about my camaro. Seem it is a never ending thing to learn

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 07:39:38 AM »
Yeah.  That pic is of an original, factory RS B/U light cutout.  No difference in the thickness of the metal from top to bottom, and it doesnt go through the inner panel.

dave
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

anything