Author Topic: Keisler Tremec versus Classic Chevy Transmissions? Any opinions?  (Read 3515 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Keisler Tremec versus Classic Chevy Transmissions? Any opinions?
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:25:04 AM »
Hey guys...I am trying to figure out if anyone has used either supplier for a Tremec 5 speed.

I have looked into both suppliers and spoke with them.  They both seem knowledgeable, but of course they are salesmen.

Has anyone had any experience with either one of them.  There are things I liked and disliked about what they are offering so any opinions would help.

http://www.keislerauto.com/gm/transmissions/camaro_67-69_6spd.asp

or

http://www.classicchevy5speed.com/Camaro-Firebird-1967-81-Kit-Select.aspx

The components are different and the pricing is about $500 cheaper for one of them for the identical kit.  I don't mind spending the difference if the money will get me a better setup.  But, is it really better or just higher priced.  Overall, which one with have the highest quality, ease of install and help if I need it.  If anyone has used either kit, please let me know.

Steve

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keisler Tremec versus Classic Chevy Transmissions? Any opinions?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
Installed a Keisler TKO-500 5-speed in a '65 Corvette a couple of months ago, and wrote a photo-illustrated technical article on the install that appears in the current (April '07) issue of "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine; the kit was complete and well-engineered, and included all necessary fasteners and a new dynamically-balanced driveshaft.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Steve1968LS2

• View Profile
Re: Keisler Tremec versus Classic Chevy Transmissions? Any opinions?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:50:09 AM »
Both are great companies, I just used Classic Chevy 5-speed (TKO-600) and recieved some of the best customer service I have ever gotten.