Author Topic: 67 cigarette lighter removal  (Read 2777 times)

Jek9016

• View Profile
67 cigarette lighter removal
« on: September 18, 2017, 12:08:29 AM »
My cig lighter stopped working.  I checked all my fuses, which seem good.  Anyone know which fuse runs the lighter, I could not find a single fuse labeled lighter?  I checked the AIM, It shows the bezel with a torques spec, so I assumed you could just unscrew the bezel and remove the assembly by pulling it forward into the drivers compartment.  However, my bezel turns, but does not unscrew.

Is there a clip or something up inside the dash? 

Anyone have success removing the lighter?

Thanks
Jon

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: 67 cigarette lighter removal
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:43:08 AM »
When turning the retainer sleeve up under the dash, ensure the "insides" or housing assembly that the knob assembly inserts into from the front side of the dash, isn't also turning.  If you have an AIM it's UPC 12, Sheet B6.  I believe it's a 14 gauge orange wire to the lighter.  Is the ground to the dash good?

Jek9016

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
THanks for the info.  I was able to reach up under the dash and could not locate a wire attached to the back of the lighter.  This is probably an aftermarket wiring harness.  Does the retainer sleeve on the inside of the dash unscrew from the inside?  I did try to turn it, but it would not move, although I didn't try very hard because I didn't want to break something.  I did try twisting the bezel on the dash side, managed to scratch it up.  It did turn, but nothing came loose.

Will chek the AIM also

thx

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:44:55 PM »
I seem to recall it's metal on metal where they screw together, and on a good day can be tight unless you can possibly get some type of lube on the threads.  If a PO stripped them, you may wind up destroying part of it when disassembling.  My best suggestion is to look at the AIM or repops to fully understand how it fits together, then have at it.  Make sure you are turning the piece up under the dash in the right direction, and you may have to go back and forth a lot until it frees up.   

anything