Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

M22

(1/2) > >>

Tx-Z 302:
Can somebody explain the process of how a 68 camaro would get a m22 from the factory? I was under the impression All 68 Z cars received the m21?  I've run across 2 68 Z28's with supposedly factory M22's both are dated early to mid 68. One is march, the other is June?  Niether One has a partial vin ????

bertfam:
For the 1968 Camaro, the M22 was optional on the L78, L89 and Z28. All you needed to do was check the box on the order form and fork out $295. 1277 customers did just that.

Ed

Tx-Z 302:
Well that explains that it was an option thank you.  So why would they not stamp the vin like the m21?

bertfam:

--- Quote ---So why would they not stamp the vin like the m21?
--- End quote ---

They would. However, the VIN may not be stamped in the "usual" place (on the side). We've seen a lot of Muncie transmissions stamped on top (see example below)

Ed

1968RSZ28:

--- Quote from: bertfam on September 14, 2017, 05:07:32 PM ---They would. However, the VIN may not be stamped in the "usual" place (on the side). We've seen a lot of Muncie transmissions stamped on top (see example below)

Ed

--- End quote ---

Especially Los Angeles built Camaros.  My car has the partial VIN stamped twice on the top of the transmission, as seen with a mirror with the trans in the car.

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page