Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

68 Core Support - Standard vs RS..............

(1/2) > >>

rod396:
On a 68 RS, I do not have the original Core support, but found one from a 68 Standard. My question is, on the washer bottle mount, would the factory original core support on the RS NOT have the 3 triangular pattern holes pierced on the left side of the core support, as the RS mounts the bottle farther back on fender?
Does anybody have an original 68 RS on which they could confirm these holes pierced or not?
Thank you.

feastersss:
I'm looking at my 68 RS, and if I remember correctly from looking at a non RS the tank sets behind the left headlight, if that is the case, I do see 3 holes pierced that appear to be the same pattern as the mount for the bottle on my car, hope that helps!

bertfam:
I just went out and looked at mine (1968 RS/SS) and yes, the holes are there. Mostly covered by the voltage regulator but there!

I would imagine the holes are in ALL supports since there was only one support used (P/N 3938695). If the Z22 used a different support, there would be something in the AIM or the P&A showing a different part number.

Ed

rod396:
Thanks for your responses. Yes, I was questioning this solely on the fact that the holes were pierced, and not stamped.

68L30:
Whats the build date of your 68? Late core supports carried the dimpled spots on top for the AC seal.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page