Author Topic: two tone paint  (Read 7331 times)

4myz

• View Profile
two tone paint
« on: November 23, 2005, 03:18:16 AM »
Does anyone have any imfo on 1969 two tone paint I have a 69 that has a 55-50 paint code the car has been repainted and does not have two tone . Was the same trim used as on a vinyltop ?  was this a rare oppt cause you cant find much imfo on this topic I would love any imput on this subject thanks  ???

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: two tone paint
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 05:01:23 AM »
5909 Camaros got it in 69.
It's very similar trim as vinyl top trim. They are different part #'s; difference is believed to be the 2 tone is not painted black in the 'valley' of the trim.
The white topped cars (like yours) are more popular than the colored roofs, by about a 4:1 ratio.
Kurt S
CRG

4myz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 03:51:03 PM »
Was this opption for all cars like the Z/28 , SS, or was it just the plain cars that got this opp.this car i have is a LA car with front disc brakes and a 12bolt was a 4 speed (someone put a th 400 in it ) all the clutch stuff is still under the dash it has all SS thim  now but I think this was installed  later but im not so sure the only thing that i find wrong with the car being a SS is the dual exuast plate is not there  ( the original engine and trans are gone )  any one in here have a perormance car with this opption  ???

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 06:51:45 AM »
Available on any car.
Post your VIN, cowl tag, and axle code and we might be able to tell what it is.
Kurt S
CRG