Author Topic: Gas Pedal Spring  (Read 6415 times)

69aus

• View Profile
Gas Pedal Spring
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »
Can anyone tell how the Gas Pedal spring fits? Had to replace the Gas Pedal and have to replace the spring which broke on removal. Not sure how it goes and would appeciate a sketch or explanation. Sounds dumb but I cant seem to make the replacement spring fit. I have the pedal, spring and pin seperated  ???

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: Gas Pedal Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:20:43 PM »
I don't think I could explain it correctly.  There's a good picture in the AIM. p. 102 in the 69 and  p.103 in the 68.  You have to push the pin through the throttle rod and partway onto the pedal.  Then push the spring over the pin with the spring tensed against the pedal (wire pointed up).  Then push pin all the way through and pull up the hooked end of spring over the throttle rod.
68Z28

69aus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:17:30 AM »
68Z thanks for the reply. What is AIM? Not up with it in Australia  ???

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »
Here is one I just took off a 69 Nova. You will have to look close fo the spring. In the photo the spring is hooked behind the pedel rod.
                                      Mike

X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

69aus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:33:20 PM »
Fixed ! Thanks a lot guys

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »
aus, Australia isn't that by Germany?.. Just kidding, I didn't put together the aus after 69 until you mentioned it.  AIM is the Assembly Instruction Manual.  It is supposed to be what they used to put these cars together and is supposed to tell you about every piece that's on the car.  It can be a little cryptic at times and some of the reprints aren't the best, but it's worth way more than the $20 mine cost me and it is very helpful.  I don't know what access you have down there to things locally or if you have to order from here.  There are a few Aussies and a NZ guy on Team Camaro.  You could check there and see their posts and ask where they got theirs.
68Z28

anything