Author Topic: couple of questions !  (Read 2984 times)

Tx-Z 302

• View Profile
couple of questions !
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:14:06 AM »
thanks in advance for your answers!

1. I notice HBC has a 5 blade 4 rivit 68 Z reproduction fan blade. It has the H stamp and all, obviously its way cheaper than the correct fan. I cant tell the difference? Is it different and how??

2. Is the correct radiator tank codes for 68Z    OD and IH ?   I have looked at the chart it seems all small block manuals are the same ? i thought the Z had some special radiator?

3. Team camaro has a 4053 carb for sale, states original l78/ z28, has couple of pictures and the front bowl has some funky little vent valve on top. mine does not have that? yet I posted pics on here and everyone says mine is correct?
Chris W

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: couple of questions !
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:29:58 AM »
1. Post a link to the fan. You have to be VERY careful. VERIFY it's the 3.25" and not the 3" spacing.

2. Tank codes were OD and IH, but the radiator APPLICATION code was UH (P/N 3010178), which was a 3 row radiator, also used on LF7's with A/C or V01 (Heavy duty radiator).

(Additional information on the fan and radiator HERE.)

3. Again, post a link to the ad. The 4053 carb didn't have the vent. (Edit: If THIS is the carb, someone's replaced the 4053 primary bowl with a 4346 bowl, which is incorrect. Also VERIFY it has the correct 5583 primary and 4519 secondary metering blocks) More info on Holley carbs HERE.

Ed

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:40:34 AM »
In addition on the Holley, best to have a knowledgeable person look at the carb before purchase. Many base (throttle) plates have been replaced with functional, but incorrect bases. Many counterfeit carbs since new replacements are available and guys will stamp dates etc. to pass the carb off as an original. Lastly, all carbs are not created equal, and you may already know this as you sound like you have done some research, but "over the counter" carbs with later dates are way less valuable.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

Tx-Z 302

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
Thanks for the info. I want to clarify my questions.
I have my original carb, I just saw that add and noticed the vent
.  it made me curious if mine was correct. Thanks for clarifing.

The fan on heartbeat is a repro with the correct markings and the 3.25 bolt pattern for like 350 dollars.  My question is how can it be told from the real one?    I have the real one and it looks to be exact, but maybe there's some small so ething I'm not catching that makes it stand out as reproduction?  Sorry I'm not tech wavy, I don't know how to link the websites.
Chris W

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 02:23:36 PM »
Looks like it's THIS ONE, but I've not seen it up close so I can't comment on how "correct" it is.

However, his wording ("OE STYLE"), says a lot. If it was exact, the wording would probably say that.

Ed