Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

1969 early L.A. cars

(1/8) > >>

BULLITT65:
So I have been meaning to start this thread for a little while now. I know there are many differences for the early production cars vs. late. I also wanted to see if there are many differences between early L.A. cars vs. Norwood.

One thing I noticed recently is my 10B L.A. car which has a 711 interior code, (black standard), and has metal seat belt buckles, where my 08C (late 69) norwood car, with the same interior code has plastic. Also both cars have the Z23 option.

ko-lek-tor:
not sure, but I thought there was an option A39?  those metal seat belt buckles were an option upgrade.

bertfam:

--- Quote ---One thing I noticed recently is my 10B L.A. car which has a 711 interior code, (black standard), and has metal seat belt buckles, where my 08C (late 69) norwood car, with the same interior code has plastic. Also both cars have the Z23 option.
--- End quote ---

Z23 has nothing to do with the seat belts. EVERY car came with the standard (plastic buckle) belts unless RPO A39, AK1 or ZK3 was ordered. (More info HERE)

As for differences between early, mid and late, and differences between L.A. and Norwood, there are literally dozens and dozens!. Most small and minor, but a few major.

Ed

BULLITT65:
OK, was A39, a stand alone option, or was it used in conjunction with any other options? Also is the dates on the seat belts all line up with the car, is there any other way to check that these were original to this car?

bertfam:
Deluxe belts weren't required with any other option, so yes, they were stand alone. If your belts are original, the dates should be close to the cars build.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page