Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

68 Z fuel sending unit

(1/4) > >>

68Zproject:
Does anyone know the part # for the original sending unit?  I have found some GM ones but the two parts look slightly different.  One has a straight barb-less pipe out of the sender.  Another has a longer pipe with a 45 bend at the end with a barb on it.  That one looks like what shows in the Chassis Service Manual, but it is a small picture.  This is the 3/8 line.

bertfam:
There's no difference between the Z28 sender and any other V8. They're all P/N 6427872. 1968 AIM, UPC 8, Sheet B4, Item 10.

Replaced in service by P/N 6428099. Replaced by 6428666 in August, 1971. Replaced by 6428845 in January, 1973.

Ed

68Zproject:
http://htsmall.rickscamaros.com/assets/rfg/images/size/265x265/sku/FT-12.jpg
So would it look like this or this
http://www.ss396.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/XSU-016.jpg

I've never had mine out so I don't know what it looks like.  I forgot to look in the AIM so thanks for that!  Unfortunately both of those pictures say original GM part and I don't know how accurate either of the pictures are and the one in the AIM.  My problem is someone at some time cut the end off of mine so the original hose to connect the sending unit and the gas line is too short.

bertfam:
6428845 is still available from your local GM dealer, but it's NOT cheap! I got mine from THE CAR AND TRUCK SHOP and it fit perfectly. (And BTW, it looks like the one from Rick's.)

Ed

68Zproject:
Ed, is that the one from GM, 6428845, that is superseded to 19179532?  That one is available all over for about the one at Rick's and looks like it.  Also HBC has one for double that and no picture to see if it looks like all these others.  Not a big deal but Rick's sale is over after midnight so I thought I would jump.  I guess at worst I could solder one of the repros lines to replace my cutoff line.  Mine works fine, it just doesn't look as installed with the rubber fuel line #9 on the AIM 8 B-4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page