Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

RPO D96 together with RPO DX1 ?

(1/5) > >>

lemarin:
My car is an early 69 RS Z22 (9C). In 1969, every Z22 car arrived with D96 fender pin striping.

But was it possible back then to have a second set of stripes ordered for the same car, together with Z22 pack ? I'd like to have the DX1 front end stripes on my car and keep original look, but since my car is an RS it should have them both, right ? Someone can confirm that please ?

lemarin:
I have founded some pictures of what seems to be an original car

william:

--- Quote from: lemarin on July 03, 2017, 10:26:41 AM ---My car is an early 69 RS Z22 (9C). In 1969, every Z22 car arrived with D96 fender pin striping.

--- End quote ---

Not true. Dependent on other options and when the car was built. For example very early in the model year a Z/28-RS would have been built with D96 striping. Chevrolet quickly revised that. An update to the Showroom Album dated September 12, 1968 states:

"FENDER STRIPING (RPO D96, Body-side accent stripe) included with Rally-Sport and Style Trim Group. Not available with Sport Striping (SS or RPO D90). Available in combination with Front Accent Striping (RPO DX1) or with RPO Z28."

The January 2, 1969 revision further limits D96:

"Not available when Camaro SS, Special Performance Package or sport striping is ordered. Included when Rally Sport or style trim is ordered."

DX1 is not mentioned so it is safe to assume both were possible. I have recently seen original photos of a '69 with both.

lemarin:
Thanks williams for the very useful infos. Not so many people have restored their RS with the D96......

I have already found the painter who will do it.

william:
I'm happy it's not getting Z/28 stripes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page