Author Topic: 68 quarter trim panels,armrest panels deluxe interior fold down seat  (Read 2348 times)

rod396

• View Profile
Hope someone knows the trivia on this. 68 with deluxe interior and fold down seat, the lower armrest panels, were they year-specific? Ashtray size variations? Lower armrest panel itself specific to fold down seat or just deluxe interior?

I have 2 sets - one with large ashtrays, and other with smaller ones- 67,68,69??? Larger ashtrays have ribs on lid.My car is a 68 (September 67 built) and I need to confirm the ash trays as well as any differences between fold down and non fold-down seat.

Also, the length of the thin stainless molding on the cardboard section of the quarter trim panel?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: 68 quarter trim panels,armrest panels deluxe interior fold down seat
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 10:15:03 AM »
Hmm, I can't give info about ashtrays, if you measure yours I can see what my 69 (ribbed) measure.

But they are specific to the year, due to the different vinyl graining. But for Camaro coupes a fold-down had the armrest and an upper filler panel (there should be two screw holes in the upper rear of the armrest.

Firebirds got the armrest/filler as part of a deluxe interior option (no fold down required), but for Camaros 68 & 69 you only had the fold down option, 67 was both.

From CRG http://www.camaros.org/interior.shtml#RearArmrests

Rear Seat Armrest Usage
On 1967 models, all convertibles, all hardtops with a fold-down rear seat, and all hardtops with the custom/deluxe interior got rear armrests - the rest did not.
On 1968 and 1969 models, all convertibles and all hardtops with a fold-down rear seat got rear armrests - the rest did not.

jvb6648

• 716-796-5263
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »
Hope this helps, mine is 68 coupe Dec. build, deluxe interior, fold down seat. Ash tray measures 2" x 3",  the strip on the panel under the window crank is 1/2" x 18".
Jim
68 Z/28

rod396

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »
Thank you! I will go and measure mine and see what I have. Thanks again.

anything