Author Topic: Another question for the pros.... Redline tires from Diamond Back Tire Company.  (Read 18587 times)

MMMM_ERT

• View Profile
I want to do Redline tires on my car after seeing all the pretty Camaros at Barrett-Jackson last weekend....  I don't want to use the original (Coker) Bias Plys, I want to use the radial type Redlines.  Driving safety is my first concern.

Anyone familiar with DiamondBack?  Experiences?

Heres the link.

http://www.widewhitewalltires.com/index.htm

Heres a quick and dirty pchop of my car with Redlines...  Will this look good with my car?

1968 Camaro RS/SS 350 Coupe

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Before today I never heard of the company. Nice to have addtional options for redlines. Nice lookin ride also.

dab67

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
I think that's a good choice.  I like the look of red stripes on first gens and I totally agree with you about the safety concerns.  I've seen the Diamond back ads in Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine.  I can't imagine they would advertise junk in their mag.  I don't know if anyone else makes radial redlines.
Joe
Schodack, NY

'68 SS/RS 350, M21, 3:73, Rallye Green, Black Deluxe Interior

69 4 Speed

• View Profile
I haven't heard of the company either but I am going from the ralley wheels back to 14x7 steelies and am leaning toward the redline tires.  I think that they would look fantastic.      Jim

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
Coker now makes 'em too.   BF Goodrich RADIAL T/A:

http://store.coker.com/home.php?cat=393
Joe
Schodack, NY

'68 SS/RS 350, M21, 3:73, Rallye Green, Black Deluxe Interior

MMMM_ERT

• View Profile
Coker now makes 'em too.   BF Goodrich RADIAL T/A:

http://store.coker.com/home.php?cat=393

I knew about the Coker BFG redlines....the problem for me is they don't offer a 255x60x15 (for my rears).  For my car, I don't want to have skinny tires on the back.  (or the  front)  The original skinnys look great on a concourse restoration..but my car is a resto-mod.

Thanks for all the input.  8)

My68SS

• View Profile
Nice color and luster. What system is it sprayed with, acrylic, 2pack, KOB?
How do the rear antenna and spoiler get along with each other?  :)
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

MMMM_ERT

• View Profile
Nice color and luster. What system is it sprayed with, acrylic, 2pack, KOB?
How do the rear antenna and spoiler get along with each other?  :)

Thanks for the compliment.   I'm not sure of the system it was sprayed with, it's a two-stage PPG Deltron paint, base and clear. It was painted back in 1993.  It's an original GM color for 92 Corvette: Medium Quasar Blue.   

The rear antenna (which came original on the car) and the spoiler (I added) have a slightly tenuous relationship. ;)   Nothing a very gentle and slight "bend to the right" won't cure when opening the trunk.     I couldn't live without the rear spoiler.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Diamondback has a VERY large following in the Corvette restoration community - their "Supreme" redline radials are done on Firestone Supreme Si casings, which are high-volume production tires (not low-volume reproduction tires like Cokers). I have the Diamondback redline radials (205/75-15) on my '67 Corvette - it had a new set of Coker Classic redline radials on it when I bought it, and they were so bad I just left them at the tire shop when I had the Diamondbacks mounted and balanced.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

MMMM_ERT

• View Profile
Well thats a glowing recommendation for Diamondback..thanks John.  ...and a very pretty Vette you have there.  8)

Flowjoe

• View Profile
I have two sets of Diamond backs redline tires and I am very pleased. .  I heard notihing but bad about coker (their p[roduct and their customer service) so I looked at Diamond back...those guys are super nice, are real enthusiasts and worked hard to make sure I got  the right tire for my application and that I understood their product and what I was getting.  On the practical side...the tires are everything one would expect from modern production radials but wiht teh look of red lines.  Here is a so so shot of my '69 GTO wearing Dimaond back redlines ...I also have a seet mounted up for my '67 Cmaro Convertible but the are stored in a shed waiting to go on the car.

cfar

• L30/M35 Tuxedo Black
    • View Profile
I glad i read this as i was going to get some Coker tires but now I must think about it  ???
Safety is a big concern
11C 1967 - Born on date estimated Nov 15th,1967 LA Plant
In Service Jan 18th, 1968  Hollywood CA

67ss350camaro

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
I am running DiamondBack red lines on my car also.  I have had them for several years now and am happy with them.
Daniel
CRG
67 RS/SS 350 auto (owned since 81.)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
2012 1LS (V6 6-speed) Coupe (new work car)
My Camaro

x77-69z28

• View Profile
this is great to hear! i have cokers on my z-28 and am not happy with them at all. the sidewall gives alot of roll. i was looking into redlines for my 67 rs-ss 350 which will be done in the spring. does diamondback have a web site?
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

MMMM_ERT

• View Profile
Flowjoe....  Nice GTO!

I'm glad I posted this thread to ask...sounds like everyone here who has used them is quite happy.

does diamondback have a web site?

The link is in the original post at the top.   ;D

anything