Author Topic: Windlace, u jamb fuzzies  (Read 2375 times)

68Zproject

• View Profile
Windlace, u jamb fuzzies
« on: June 21, 2017, 03:49:44 AM »
Hey I'm trying to install new fuzzies to replace my reveal belts (that I am taking off) and got them in fine.  The problem I'm having is the door windlace and the u jamb rubber.  My original windlace on the driver's side was bad (and the repops are too) but I can't figure out how all this goes together.  I can't find anything in my Fisher manual or the overhaul manuals either.

The windlace has a slotted steel clip that looks like it is screwed to the body, but you can't do that with the quarter panel trim covers on.  Does someone know the order of doing this?  Or is there an illustration somewhere?  I read one post where this is mentioned and it talked about a screw holding the windlace clip on.  But my passenger side has no screw hole in the body for this.  The driver side does, but it had the ujamb screwed to the body through that and there was no clip on the windlace on that side.  I have pictures if this is not clear.
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: Windlace, u jamb fuzzies
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »
I think I found the answer in that the clip is screwed through the fuzzy after the panel is on.  Then the u jamb rubber covers the inside anyway.  Funny thing though.  My original passenger side windlace has the clip on it but it has a hole instead of a long slot.  Not much leeway to miss.  Also, there is no hole on that side in the body for the screw to go into.  Read some other posts on TC and it was stated that they weren't always screwed on, just slipped behind the panel.  The driver's side clip was broken off but part of it was still inside the windlace.
68Z28