Author Topic: 68 non belt reveal fuzzies  (Read 4180 times)

68Zproject

• View Profile
68 non belt reveal fuzzies
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:06 AM »
Is there a definitive answer to who makes the best fuzzies for the non trim car windows?  I looked on HBC and they stated theirs were assembly line correct.  Just want to make sure it isn't as correct as their radiator tag for the 68Z.  Yes I'm still pissed.
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: 68 non belt reveal fuzzies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
No one needs to replace their fuzzys?
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:45:04 PM »
I guess it's not an issue?
68Z28

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 12:21:03 AM »
You need to find out from whom  these vendors obtain their parts, then do a price comparison. Steve's Camaro states his are the best and made in USA. Quality changes periodically. Some have had good reports on Repops. I've used PUI and they were OK, but I am trying Repops on the next job. I always check return policies if the part is not satisfactory. I will not foot the bill for parts that do not meet my requirements. If the felts do not have the correct flap for the quarter windows, I would not buy them.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 05:03:26 AM »
My problem is I don't have the originals to even compare to.  Some PO added the reveal belts and has bad repro fuzzies on it.  I want to take the metal off and return it to the way it left the factory and I have to start from scratch.  Just want to know what's going to look and fit right.  I think it's supposed to have a chrome bead for non-reveal. Too many horror stories both personal and observed on many forums of crappy worthless repro garbage. 

Went through some older posts about it and most of them concerned the belt fuzzies and a back and forth about who sold what actual manufacturer from what vendor and some improvements from past products.  I just thought in the amount of time that had passed, there might be someone making the ones I need that were good.  As stated above, HBC says theirs are assembly line correct.  I don't trust them as their 68 Z radiator tag is wrong and I got nowhere discussing it with them.  Have you tried or heard of others using Steve's?
68Z28

x66 714

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »
Have you thought about going NOS? I see several of them on e-bay. A little pricey.....Joe
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »
I have no knowledge of Steve's fuzzies. Give them a call. As far as your radiator tag, Glen-Ray Radiator hooked up with a guy who can make correct tags.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
NOS doesn't always mean assembly line correct, unfortunately.  I guess I can go through threads and see if anything new has come up.  I have pictures from a while back that show the correct ones for the belted one, but I don't have any for non-reveal.  I don't know about Glen Ray.  Sorry, I've been off here for a long time.  I'll look them/him up.  Unless you'd want to pm me contact info.  Thanks Sauron!
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Sorry Sauron, I looked over posts and found the one where you talked about Glen-Ray so I'm going to be contacting him.  Sounds great.  If you trust him that's good enough for me.

I have an original radiator for my car and I had the tanks taken off so I could straighten out a dent.  That shop said my core was ok and they could  fix the few holes in it and re-use it.  It sounds like I could just send him the whole thing and he could decide that or replace it with 100% correct stuff if needed?  Restore it to assembly line correct?  I assume they will know where to put the AB clip, tag and lower shroud clips?
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 09:05:32 PM »
Had a long talk with a Steve"s Camaro guy and he filled me in on the whole story about the felts.  Too long to mention here but it sounds like their stuff is about as close as you can get without going NOS which is debatable for me to go that far.  I have enough expensive items to buy without that. I'm going to give theirs a try and see.
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »
BTW how would I find out if my reveal belts were original GM?  Is there a part # in them?
68Z28

anything