Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

trunk mat cuts

(1/6) > >>

69z27z87:
Just finishing up my restoration and trying to put the new trunk mat in....original one long gone...I have not been able to find anything to tell me what cutouts i should make....One for the spare tire tie down?. One for the jack brace in the back?

I am most confused about how it was cut around the support for the trunk latch...was it cut to lay in front or did it also wrap around the back? Were there cutouts for the top of the shocks?

Anyone have an original mat they can post a pic of?   Most original cars do not have pics looking toward the latch... just inward toward the front of the car...

Also, what is the best tool to cut the heavy rubber with? I think using a razor could go bad in a hurry......

abiddle:
Attached a picture of an NOS mat. I've sold his one and I have a used original which is exactly the same size and shape. The only difference I could see between the NOS and used original is cutting for the tire hook, they are definitely the same around the latch support.

Let me know if you need other pics, I'm no sure this answered your question.

69z27z87:
Thanks..!!!.that helps a lot....!

It looks like it is cut in front of the latch support only and does not go around it like a 67-68.

Also, it looks like it does not go up on the wheel wells or over the top of the shocks. It also doesn't look like it goes over the "bumps" in the back of the trunk....

Do you have a shot of an original one in the trunk so I can see exactly where it lies?

69Z28-RS:
Attached is a photo of my original (laying out on the floor, not in my trunk), but you can see the cutouts from the factory...

BULLITT65:
interesting differences between assembly line and NOS, thanks Gary, and Abide

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page