Author Topic: X-11  (Read 5483 times)

69X11

• View Profile
X-11
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:59:18 AM »
I'm trying to figure out what my car was from the factory and keep running into confusing information. Unfortunately my original engine is missing and the rear has been replaced with a second gen 10 bolt.I'm trying to figure out which engie my car may have most likely came with.A couple problems I'm running into are, first it's been stated that Xnn cars started in december of 68 and not befoe, but my car is a X11 car with a 08D build date (4th week of august I'm assuming 68 bsed on a june to june model year).Also my car has an auminum cased (munce I believe) 3 speed manual trans. All info I've read say that this HD trans was only used in LM1 or SS350 applications, although I've read that 350 4bbl cars ran fuel return lines, which my car does not have. It has a single 3/8 feed line.The trans is orignal to the car (vin stamp matches), the car has the Z21 trim, 4 wheel non power drum brakes, a flat hood, and a black grill (which may have been painted/changed sometime in the past).The car (if I remember correctly) has the extra mount on the frame rail for dual exhaust mounting.Any ideas?Thanks.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: X-11
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 06:12:33 AM »
Here's what I reponded to your post on camaros.net:

I'm confused. The Muncie 3 speed was cast iron case. What's the trans code stamped on the case?

No discs and no return line means it wasn't an SS.

It's a late 69 car.
Kurt S
CRG