Author Topic: Chevrolet-published setup "pamphlet?" Anyone know where I could find a copy?  (Read 3974 times)

Chris Tonn

• View Profile
In Paul Van Valkenburgh's "Chevrolet=Racing?" book, he mentions in the Penske/Donohue chapter (pages 177/178 in the original 1972 edition) that Chevrolet Engineering quietly produced a pamphlet recommending setup information for privateers in 1968.

Photos of the passage are attached below.

Does anyone here have a copy they might be able to scan and send to me - or even simply publish it here? I'm looking for as much technical data on the setup of the Penske cars as I can gather for my book.

I was at the GM Heritage Center this morning, poring through engineering papers on the Z/28 package, but the archivist at GM hasn't seen this document - he's been searching.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Chris, I posted that previously. Here is the link...

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7863.0
Jon Mello
CRG

maroman

• View Profile
There is also a list of all the unobtainable part numbers to make your Z-28 competitive. I remember a 1 inch front sway bar for one thing. If anyone can tell me where I've hidden my copy I will gladly post it.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Chris Tonn

• View Profile
There is also a list of all the unobtainable part numbers to make your Z-28 competitive. I remember a 1 inch front sway bar for one thing. If anyone can tell me where I've hidden my copy I will gladly post it.

I'm pretty certain I found that today at Sterling Heights. I'll post it this weekend.

Chris Tonn

• View Profile
Chris, I posted that previously. Here is the link...

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7863.0

I figured you'd have it somewhere..I just didn't know what my search parameters should be. Many thanks!

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
You're welcome, Chris.  I'm glad to be of help.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything