Author Topic: opinions needed!!!!  (Read 3582 times)

wkuehn

• View Profile
opinions needed!!!!
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:24:57 AM »
Have my x44 diassembled(mostly).. needs all 4 floor corners, driver toe board and hump repair( cut for floor shifter)also both rear quarters and outers wells(but only rusted around the wheel openings).. tail pan rusted and roof had something fall on it and poorly repaired... front frame is still connected and all 4 bolts have come loose..  Going to be a driver..
I read that i should have the front frame connected and rear suspension in place to replace the rear quarters so the weight distibution will be the same after its complete. also is it better to just replace the floor with a one piece or do each seperate.should i do the floor first or the quarters? it would also seem better to replace the roof last but not sure...? all opinions appreciated..!!!

cfar

• L30/M35 Tuxedo Black
    • View Profile
Re: opinions needed!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:48:31 AM »
I would do the quarters and tail pan along with roof- first- with the car on a jig so it will not move around
If no jig keep sub frame on and rear suspension in.
Then floors-complete would be better than pieces.
I think you lines would be easier to achieve and you won't have to re do weling work from overlaping panels
IMHO
11C 1967 - Born on date estimated Nov 15th,1967 LA Plant
In Service Jan 18th, 1968  Hollywood CA

wkuehn

• View Profile
Re: opinions needed!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:52:05 PM »
thanks cfar..
do you think it is possible to tweak the quarters while working on the floor?that was my concern..? maybe i am worried about nothing..
thanks again...wally

anything