Author Topic: HBC caught again mislabeling import parts as Made in the USA  (Read 6851 times)

DT

• View Profile
Re: HBC caught again mislabeling import parts as Made in the USA
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
lol Dave I am beyond easy...  So your comment is silly..  But again to my point....  This sticker is not legally wrong..  And Chick I agree but you still have to understand what I am saying... I never said it was morally anything..  I have no dog in the fight so this will be my last comment in this thread..  I merely was trying to help by acknowledging the fact that the sticker isnt the problem..  Just like your sticker.  It says USA made.  The bigger issue is not the sticker itself..  Its the fact the made in Taiwan was covered up..
I would like to point out the on-line ad clearly states Made in the USA with part# BDY-1588. Legally ?? Really ??
Donny

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: HBC caught again mislabeling import parts as Made in the USA
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 09:12:24 PM »
Perhaps just the sticker with the website part # on it was made in the USA, and this is how the vendor dodges the issue  ::)
I'm surprised at HBC for repeating this. Have spent many $$ over the years with that company and always paid extra for the USA version where available (although I'm not made in USA myself, or a resident, but I want to support the domestic market and keep my American car as American as possible.....).
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway