Author Topic: 67 RS / SS Build  (Read 3264 times)

DC7432

• View Profile
67 RS / SS Build
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:12:34 PM »
Hello all, new to site. I recently bought a 67 RS / SS convertible with most of the parts to put back together as the owner lost interest. A few questions does the trim tag look correct for a RS / SS ? I believe the original color was white w/ a white top and December build. The front fenders are new so I need to drill holes for the "SS" emblems and it needs the bumblee stripe. After researching on this site I believe the stripe doesn't go under the bumper as its a late build, correct?

I plan on converting the fronts to disk brakes and I can buy 9" or 11" booster any issue with the bigger booster?

The door panels only have a camaro emblem with electric windows. Should there be a "SS" emblem on them?

The engine matches the vin and ends with MU so I think it's a L48 350/295. The car has a 350 tranny and I have the original PG with a 12 bolt 2.73 gears per the axle code Q1. The grill emblem is SS350 as well the horn button and the gas cap is SS. Does this all sound correct as the original owner gave me many duplicate parts that he collected over the years. Thanks in advance

DC7432

• View Profile
67 RS / SS build
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
More pictures

67jeffreyt

• View Profile
Re: 67 RS / SS Build
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »
Looks like you have a great project, a lot of what you stated looks correct, door panels only have Camaro on them.  Power windows is nice option. Looks like you'll have a great car once done
67 ss/rs camaro currently
68 prostreet Camaro 9.60 1/4 mile
68 Rallysport, first car high school
89 rs camaro convertible, made readers rides super Chevy

big iron

• View Profile
Re: 67 RS / SS Build
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 01:25:38 AM »
Could you tell me what type flashers you have in your 67's ( fuse box- 4 way & to right of steering col. - turn)?
Bob