Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Compressor inspection stamp?

(1/1)

67 nut:
'Needing help in recreating the '67 A/C inspection stamp that was placed on the A6 compressors (Norwood built, 11B).  When cleaning years worth of repaints from the compressor, I uncovered a partial inspection stamp that I believe inspectors placed on the compressor when the A/C system was tested and certified.

The partial stamp is a yellow circle which is approximately 1-1/8" round, has "TEST" inside the circle, and has "CHEV" outside the circle at 6 o'clock.  I believe that the stamp was placed half on, and half off,  the compressor ID sticker.  Anyone have a photo or the actual wording inside the circle?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: 67 nut on February 21, 2017, 05:34:59 AM ---'Needing help in recreating the '67 A/C inspection stamp that was placed on the A6 compressors (Norwood built, 11B).  When cleaning years worth of repaints from the compressor, I uncovered a partial inspection stamp that I believe inspectors placed on the compressor when the A/C system was tested and certified.

The partial stamp is a yellow circle which is approximately 1-1/8" round, has "TEST" inside the circle, and has "CHEV" outside the circle at 6 o'clock.  I believe that the stamp was placed half on, and half off,  the compressor ID sticker.  Anyone have a photo or the actual wording inside the circle?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

--- End quote ---

In '66-'67, that was a paint/ink pad stamp, applied after final compressor test at Frsigidaire - most of the Corvette resto houses (Paragon, Long Island, etc.) have the stamps.

67 nut:
Thank so very much, John!

Navigation

[0] Message Index