Author Topic: Compressor inspection stamp?  (Read 3079 times)

67 nut

• View Profile
Compressor inspection stamp?
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:59 AM »
'Needing help in recreating the '67 A/C inspection stamp that was placed on the A6 compressors (Norwood built, 11B).  When cleaning years worth of repaints from the compressor, I uncovered a partial inspection stamp that I believe inspectors placed on the compressor when the A/C system was tested and certified.

The partial stamp is a yellow circle which is approximately 1-1/8" round, has "TEST" inside the circle, and has "CHEV" outside the circle at 6 o'clock.  I believe that the stamp was placed half on, and half off,  the compressor ID sticker.  Anyone have a photo or the actual wording inside the circle?

Thanks for your help!

Steve
Steve  '67 RS convertible, factory a/c, parchment interior

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Compressor inspection stamp?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:22:13 AM »
'Needing help in recreating the '67 A/C inspection stamp that was placed on the A6 compressors (Norwood built, 11B).  When cleaning years worth of repaints from the compressor, I uncovered a partial inspection stamp that I believe inspectors placed on the compressor when the A/C system was tested and certified.

The partial stamp is a yellow circle which is approximately 1-1/8" round, has "TEST" inside the circle, and has "CHEV" outside the circle at 6 o'clock.  I believe that the stamp was placed half on, and half off,  the compressor ID sticker.  Anyone have a photo or the actual wording inside the circle?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

In '66-'67, that was a paint/ink pad stamp, applied after final compressor test at Frsigidaire - most of the Corvette resto houses (Paragon, Long Island, etc.) have the stamps.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

67 nut

• View Profile
Re: Compressor inspection stamp?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 04:33:50 AM »
Thank so very much, John!
Steve  '67 RS convertible, factory a/c, parchment interior

anything