CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 07:04:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104953 Posts in 12264 Topics by 4727 Members
Latest Member: Z10 Paceman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Spoilers and head rest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spoilers and head rest  (Read 2671 times)
John C

View Profile Email
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:07:20 AM »

Question ...I have an restored numbers matching RS/SS 69 conv. Car was built 3rd week in Nov (pre X code car. How can I tell if it came with a spoiler, or was the spoiler standard with the SS or Rs option? Also the interior is a custom weave and the seats have head rests. I can't find any reference anywhere of headrest being an option or standard, yet on the original bill of sale from the original owner it is listed as a $16.90 option. Any clues??? Thanks
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:23:53 AM »

Headrests were an option on '69 cars built during 1968; they didn't become standard equipment (Federal requirement) until January 1, 1969. The D80 spoiler package was only included as standard equipment on Z/28's built after April, 1969; it was a stand-alone option on any other model, but many were added by owners and dealers. Factory-installed spoiler cars had two different diameter trunk hold-open torsion rods (one standard, one larger-diameter) to hold up the deck lid with the added weight of the spoiler).  Smiley

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:51:29 AM »

I don't often get to clarify a JohnZ post. Smiley

Headrests on early 69 cars were optional (RPO A82), but the factory included them on all cars unless they were deleted on the order via RPO AR1.
There were some people who didn't want this mandatory option and the dealership was authorized to remove the headrests, install a plug, and credit them the $16.90.
I won't even get into the screwy price change that happen on 1/1/69.....

Kurt S
CRG
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 10:35:14 AM »

Yup, forgot about the weird AR1 situation.  Undecided

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »