Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

68 woodgrain ash tray+dlx hubcaps

(1/14) > >>

cfar:
Hi all- Newbe here
Restoring a Nov 67 LA 55k so far a numbers match L30 car.
How important is it to have the woodgrain ash tray in my car.
It is missing and I can not find one anywhere.Told a repo is not made.
Also the dlx hub caps need resto and center emblems-anyone restore or sell hub caps and sell the emblems
Thanks

jeff68:
Welome.  I would say that the importance of the wood grain ash tray really comes down to what you are doing with the car.  If you are trying to make a 1000 point correct show car, then it is very important.  If not, then not so important.  However, IMO a black ash tray looks a little goofy when the rest of the center trim is wood grain.

For the hub caps, are you referring to the P01 wheel covers?  My 68 also came with these covers and the emblems are very faded.  I've never seen just the emblems available.  For restoration, contact Bob Mayle at Stainless Trim Restoration (www.stainlessresto.com) to see if he can do them.  He did an incredible job on my exterior trim.  Also keep an eye on e-Bay and Hemmings for a set on NOS covers.

If all else fails, then drop me a line.  Quite a while back I picked up a set of NOS P01 wheel covers to use on my restoration.  I haven't decided whether or not I am going to use them.

-Jeff

cfar:
I do not know how to attach pictures so here is a link to one of the hub cap
www.cfar.net/pics.htm click thumbnail for a larger view

Is this the ones you are calling RPO code-P01 ?
PM me if you want to sell them.

I still need the ash tray if anyone else can help
Where is a good resource for nos camaro parts as a few things are not correct-rear leafs,frt coils,starter,steel wheels,rt frt fender and radio.

Thanks

bertfam:
The Black ashtray was used from the start of production until sometime in late January or February. possibly as late as March. At that time the Woodgrain ashtray came into production. This is an ongoing CRG report but the last I heard, there wasn't enough info to make an absolute determination. Rich might be able to shed more info on this if there's been any additional info.

Ed

Tinkerr:
The best resourse for a woodgrain ashtray is going to be E-bay. The prices fluctuate from $25-$100 depending on condition. Ask alot of ?s and review the the pics throughly. What you consider nice and the seller considers nice can vary greatly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page