Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

69 rear defog

(1/3) > >>

ko-lek-tor:
Was there any kind of mesh or padding sandwiched between the lower fan assembly and upper grille on a 1969 rear defogger? I ask because my car did NOT have anything other than the metal shelf structure that is part of the body. I just got a spare unit complete that has a wire mesh and white type padding and would like to know which is right?

ko-lek-tor:
here is what I mean. White appears to be asbestos? with wire mesh screen (2 different pieces).

69Z28-RS:
Bentley,

First of all..  I have to admit I know *nothing* about rear defoggers.. :)..  BUT..  that white/wiremesh stuff you picture does NOT appear to be a factory part (to me)...

Gary

rare396bronze:
Wire mesh is not factory. Should have a grille a flat plate and metal main housing with motor made to it. Hope this helps!

ko-lek-tor:

--- Quote from: rare396bronze on November 25, 2016, 05:18:35 AM ---Wire mesh is not factory. Should have a grille a flat plate and metal main housing with motor made to it. Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---
Yes, I believe the one in my car has that flat plate, now that you mention it. This other one pictured, I will take apart and see if it has a plate too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page