Author Topic: Block stamp  (Read 12313 times)

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: Block stamp
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 10:51:12 PM »
Not that it makes much difference, but 1 is Oshawa, Canada and 2 is St Therese. This was a change from the 1966 designation. Alan (and most of the online sites) has them incorrect (the 65-69 CBTN is incorrect, but the 70-75 is correct).

Oshawa built full size cars and Chevelles, so your block originated in one of those, but I'll have to see what Warren says about the serial number. I didn't think any cars started with 0.

Ed

Hi Ed,  Can you provide a reference for
So this is a 69 block made and assembled in Oshawa and not St Theresa Quebec? Please post any info on here that you get from Warren, Ed. I guess my mystery is not completely solved as of yet. Thanks again for the education on small,block id's everyone. Eagerly awaiting any more tidbits.  Jim.
an acccurate listing of GM's production plants by year?   The listing I provided was found via a Google; it showed Oshawa as '0', and St Therese as '1'...? 

PS>  Unless I also found an incorrect listing of engine plants, the 'engine block' originated at the St Catherine's engine plant.. then was provided to (either Oshawa or st Therese) for assembly into a car (or truck)... Correct??
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 12:26:08 AM »
There was a change designation in 1967 for the Canadian plants. Up through 1966, Oshawa was 0 and they built full size cars, Novas and Chevelles. (St Therese wasn't yet in production.) Starting in 1967, they changed Oshawa from 0 to 1 and added St Therese as 2.

This information came from my September, 1968 P&A 25 (1969 Chevrolet Illustrations and Special Information manual) under the Assembly plant designation section.

Ed

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 12:50:31 AM »
You must have a lot of info at your fingertips for all,the advice you guys give on this site. I did some more digging and have discovered that you are right it is a 69 pass car block with 72 heads. I will pull the motor this winter to detail under the hood and paint and detail the motor. When I pull the oil pan off I am hoping to find it is a 4 bolt. Thanks again for all your time and info. I have always enjoyed this site for its friendly folks and their infinite knowledge. Over the years I have turned other Canadians,who are first gen owners, on to this site and they find it amazing as well.  :)