Author Topic: L22 air cleaner  (Read 3840 times)

HustleRussell

• View Profile
L22 air cleaner
« on: November 09, 2016, 12:54:39 AM »
I've Installed an L22 from a 1972 Pontiac Ventura into a 1968 RS V-8 Camaro. I have a clearance issue with the air cleaner and windshield washer reservoir.
Russ 
68 RS
69 SS

HustleRussell

• View Profile
Re: L22 air cleaner
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:58:34 AM »
Any advice much obliged.
Russ 
68 RS
69 SS

68SixBangerRS

• Camaro Project from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: L22 air cleaner
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 05:57:46 AM »
Russ, I am so impressed with your '68 L22 clone project that I will donate the correct air cleaner for it for just the cost of shipping.  This air cleaner is from my incredibly rusty '68 RS that was originally equipped with a 230 six and 3-on-the-tree (my avatar is that car).  That car was simply too rusty to save due to 17 years of harsh New England winters that were followed by sitting outdoors for 26 more years with a busted window that allowed the floor to fill with rain water...not pretty!  I went so far as to buy a really nice '68 Firebird body found via CL-Phoenix in order to re-body it, but finally decided to sell it due to the legality of such an endeavor.  It would've been great to show up at a Camaro Nats with the only '68 RS ever built with a six and 3-on-the-tree!  Most of the six cylinders are now converted to V8s, so when I see someone building a six it makes me think that here's a guy with a real sense of style.

PM me and I will send you my cell number.