Author Topic: Barn-Find '69 Trunk opened after 30 years  (Read 3599 times)

68SixBangerRS

• Camaro Project from HELL
    • View Profile
Barn-Find '69 Trunk opened after 30 years
« on: October 07, 2016, 11:16:28 PM »
I opened the trunk of my rusty-as-hell '69 barn-find coupe today and it was just as nasty as the rest of the car.  Luckily, nothing can be salvaged on or in the car  :'( (except the engine and rear-end).  Yes, I'm smelling a deep-dollar money pit...my favorite kind of car!  The jack is dated "9J", which is correct for an 09C body (late in the model year).  Oddly, the jack parts appear to have been painted black originally instead of gray.  Some of the seatbelts are from a Ford (???), but I did find one dated "40A69" (1st week of Sept).

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Barn-Find '69 Trunk opened after 30 years
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 03:07:54 AM »
When you are poking around in there are you doing a pre inspection to see if that snake is coiled up in a corner or "waiting" to be found?

I have found a couple of dead rats in some of my 66 chevelles, and I had a mouse living in my 65 mustang, which we thought we got rid of during the resto?
NOPE! after the car was finished I was driving it and saw a flash of something across the floor! it was that damn mouse, it found a way to stay with that car through media basting and primer, and being taken all the way apart. So beware that may still be that snakes home ::)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV